Co-founder, Public Relations Coordinator, Director of Community Partnership
Since Naomie Cesar first arrived in Canada in January 2008 as a refugee claimant from Haiti, she has worked diligently to build a new life in Canada. She accomplished personal success by going to school and becoming a Registered Practical Nurse. She also owned and operated her own business, CaribeAfrica Specialty Store – all the while coordinating a wide variety of international projects that are near and dear to her heart.
- Soliciting and Collecting donations from Canada and delivering them via air when she or other supporters are traveling
- Paying to ship boxes to Haiti and often times arranging for people to pick them up and deliver them to the Dominican Republi
- Assisting with personal care and inspirational support at orphanages in Haiti
- Delivering Christmas gifts to children in Haiti and refugee families in Canada
- Connecting with local organizations such as ‘Busy Fingers’ – group of Niagara Women who make clothing and pencil cases to donate to children; Pelham Soccer Association – direct source for used soccer uniforms and equipment
- Helping to build Non-Profit Liaison International Des Haitians (LIH)
In the Summer of 2019 Naomie made the decision to close CaribAfrica Specialty Store and focus her energies on her social purpose work by joining forces with her husband to launch Renouveau.